Frequently Asked Questions
- Help! My question isn't covered in the FAQs!
- Please email us at email@example.com. We want to make sure everything on the site runs as smoothly as possible. Thanks for helping us do that.
For Rights Holders
- I need help using social media channels to publicize my campaign.
- We're developing a social media toolkit for rights holders. Please tell us what you think should be in it so we can serve you better: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the meantime we're happy to help you one-on-one, at the same address.
- Can I contact my supporters directly?
- We will not provide you contact information, except as needed to fulfill premiums after successful campaigns. Supporters may voluntarily disclose certain contact information (such as Twitter handles) on their profile pages. We encourage you to be thoughtful in your use of this information. Supporters have likely provided it as a way to connect with other like-minded people, not as a marketing tool, so please engage with it in that spirit.
If you are running a campaign, any updates to that campaign will be automatically emailed to your supporters, unless they have opted out of receiving those notifications. We encourage you to use campaign page updates to engage and recognize your supporters.
- How do I get feedback from supporters or fans about my campaign?
- Ask them!
Also, pay attention to places they're talking about your campaign. This might be the Comments tab, a hashtag on Twitter, the comments section of your blog, a forum on your web site, your Facebook page, et cetera. You can use your campaign pitch to point them to these spaces, too. Read them regularly to see what people are saying, and to participate in the conversation.
- How do I share my campaign?
- On every campaign page, you can generate an HTML widget that you can embed wherever you like. It will automatically be updated with your campaign's progress. There are also links to share the page via email and social networks.
Have other ways you want to share? Your own blog, newsletter, or social media presence? Your friends, and their friends? Professional associations? Media contacts? Go for it!
Need more ideas? We're happy to work with rights holders personally to craft a campaign strategy.
- How can I get my campaign featured on the home page or the Explore menu pages?
- We automatically generate those lists from the books with the most (or most recent) wishes, pledges, and comments. The more people you can rally to show their love of your book, the more likely it is to be featured there.
- How can I get press coverage or social media buzz for my campaign?
- We're developing a social media toolkit to help you with this; stay tuned. We're also happy to work with you one-on-one. Email email@example.com.