The Internet lets us share perfect copies of our work with a worldwide audience at virtually no cost. We take advantage of this revolutionary opportunity when we make our work “open access”: digital, online, free of charge, and free of most copyright and licensing restrictions. Open access is made possible by the Internet and copyright-holder consent, and many authors, musicians, filmmakers, and other creators who depend on royalties are understandably unwilling to give their consent.
Supplementary material and links to other editions is available at the book's web page.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
- 870 - mobi (CC BY-NC) at Internet Archive.
- 815 - epub (CC BY-NC) at Internet Archive.
- 874 - pdf (CC BY-NC) at Internet Archive.
- Coding theory & cryptology
- open access
- Open access publishing
- Reference, information & interdisciplinary subjects
- Research & information: general
- Social conditions