Biostratigraphic And Geological Significance Of Planktonic Foraminifera, Second Edition
The role of fossil planktonic foraminifera as markers for biostratigraphical zonation and correlation underpins most drilling of marine sedimentary sequences and is key to hydrocarbon exploration. The first - and only - book to synthesize the whole biostratigraphic and geological usefulness of planktonic foraminifera, Biostratigraphic and Geological Significance of Planktonic Foraminifera unifies existing biostratigraphic schemes and provides an improved correlation reflecting regional biogeographies.
Renowned micropaleontologist Marcelle K. Boudagher-Fadel presents a comprehensive analysis of existing data on fossil planktonic foraminifera genera and their phylogenetic evolution in time and space. This important text, now in its Second Edition, is in considerable demand and is now being republished by UCL Press.
- New, updated version of a gold standard text widely regarded as an essential resource for anyone with an interest in planktonic foraminifera
- The first - and only - book to synthesize the whole biostratigraphic and geological usefulness of planktonic foraminifera by presenting all available biostratigraphic and paleoenvironmental data for significant genera and species
- Provides the basis needed to understand the geological and biostratigraphic importance of planktonic foraminifera which are vital in hydrocarbon exploration and basin analysis
- Coverage includes presentation and discussion of rarely studied thin sections of planktonic foraminifera, allowing for new developments in dating planktonic foraminifera in carbonates and expand their usefulness in hydrocarbon exploration
- Unifies existing biostratigraphic schemes to provide an improved biostratigraphic correlation reflecting regional biogeographies
This book is included in DOAB.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
- 26 - pdf (CC BY-NC-ND) at OAPEN Library.
- 56 - pdf (CC BY-NC-ND) at OAPEN Library.
- 93 - pdf (CC BY-NC-ND) at Internet Archive.
- Basin analyses
- Planktonic Foraminifera
- Science / Earth Sciences
- Science / Earth Sciences / Sedimentology & Stratigraphy