This booklet is a quick but thoughtful guide to jump into the Internet of Things, covering important subjects as IPv6 networking, sensors, wireless protocols and technologies, as well as IoT cloud platforms and its most commonly used protocols, featuring lots of hands-on examples to start working from day one.
The lessons and examples are heavily focused on Contiki OS, a well known IoT operating system well suited for low power embedded devices, and the Zolertia Z1 mote, a widely used hardware platform to develop a wide range of IoT applications. The Raspberry Pi is used as well.
- Introduction to IoT.
- Introduction to IPv6.
- Introduction to 6LoWPAN.
- Contiki OS, installation, structure and libraries.
- Analogue and digital sensors.
- Wireless and RF basics.
- UDP and TCP over multi-hop mesh networks.
- MQTT, CoAP and RESTFull protocols.
- End-to-end IPv6 applications: connecting to IoT cloud platforms
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
- 338 - mobi (CC BY-NC-SA) at Internet Archive.
- 437 - pdf (CC BY-NC-SA) at Internet Archive.
- 318 - epub (CC BY-NC-SA) at Internet Archive.
- computer hardware
- Computers / Hardware