Django Documentation 1.9.x
Django is a high-level Python Web framework that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design. Built by experienced developers, it takes care of much of the hassle of Web development, so you can focus on writing your app without needing to reinvent the wheel. It’s free and open source.
Django has a lot of documentation. A high-level overview of how it’s organized will help you know where to look for certain things:
- Tutorials take you by the hand through a series of steps to create a Web application. Start here if you’re new to Django or Web application development. Also look at the “First steps” below.
- Topic guides discuss key topics and concepts at a fairly high level and provide useful background information and explanation.
- Reference guides contain technical reference for APIs and other aspects of Django’s machinery. They describe how it works and how to use it but assume that you have a basic understanding of key concepts.
- How-to guides are recipes. They guide you through the steps involved in addressing key problems and use-cases. They are more advanced than tutorials and assume some knowledge of how Django works.
Unglue.it has taken the epub version of the documentation and fixed over 2000 broken links to make handy and functional mobile versions.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
- 198 - mobi (OSI) at Internet Archive.
- 411 - pdf (OSI) at Internet Archive.
- 242 - epub (OSI) at Internet Archive.
- Computers / Internet
- Computers / Internet / Application Development
- Internet programming
- Python (Computer program language)
- Web Framework
- Web site development