Ever wonder how you, as a librarian, can use altmetrics in your day-to-day work?
We certainly have!
While there’s no shortage of excellent altmetrics primers for librarians in existence, we saw a need for a resource to help librarians who want to apply altmetrics in their own work.
This ebook provides the “nuts and bolts” needed to use altmetrics in a variety of library-land scenarios, including:
- Making collection development decisions
- Managing institutional repositories
- Helping faculty assemble evidence for their tenure & promotion packets
- Teaching workshops on altmetrics
In it, we also share our favorite resources for staying up-to-date on altmetrics research and news.
Overall, we share more than one hundred tips, tricks, and examples that you can use to guide your own application of altmetrics in libraries. Enjoy!
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
- 140 - pdf (CC BY) at Internet Archive.
- Business & Economics
- Business & Economics / Information Management
- Collection management (Libraries)
- Library science