Riddles are a journey into a fascinating world rich in delightful metaphors and ambiguity. This book is based on material drawn from all over the world and analyses both traditional true riddles and contemporary joking questions. It introduces the reader to different riddling situations and the many functions of riddles, wich vary from education to teasing, and from defusing a heated situation to entertainment. In addition to providing a survey of international riddle scholarship, the book has a comprehensive bibliography with suggestions for further reading.
This book is part of the Studia Fennica Folkloristica series.
This book is included in DOAB.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
- 5 - pdf (CC BY-NC-ND) at OAPEN Library.
- 3 - pdf (CC BY-NC-ND) at Unglue.it.
- 2 - epub (CC BY-NC-ND) at Unglue.it.
- 5 - mobi (CC BY-NC-ND) at Unglue.it.
- 7 - pdf (CC BY-NC-ND) at Unglue.it.
- 8 - epub (CC BY-NC-ND) at Unglue.it.
- 11 - pdf (CC BY-NC-ND) at OAPEN Library.
- Popular tradition