Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom
32 Ungluers have Faved this Work
Login to Fave
The prophetic debut novel from the visionary author fo LITTLE BROTHER, now published for the first time in the UK.Jules is a young man barely a century old. He's lived long enough to see the cure for death and the end of scarcity, to learn ten languages and compose three symphonies 'Ś and to realize his boyhood dream of taking up residence in Disney World.Disney World! The greatest artistic achievement of the long-ago twentieth century. Now overseen by a network of 'ad hocs' who keep the classic attractions running as they always have, enhanced with only the smallest high-tech touches.But the ad hocs are under attack. A new group has taken over the Hall of Presidents and is replacing its venerable audioanimatronics with new, immersive direct-to-brain interfaces that give guests the illusion of being Washington, Lincoln and all the others. For Jules, this is an attack on the artistic purity of Disney World itself.Worse: it appears that this new group has had Jules killed. This upsets him. (It's only his fourth death and revival after all.) Now it's war.
This book is included in Project Gutenberg.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
This work has been downloaded 3536 times via unglue.it ebook links.
- 163 - pdf (0.1) (None) at Github.
- 165 - epub (0.1) (None) at Github.
- 153 - mobi (0.1) (None) at Github.
- 495 - pdf (None) at Google Books.
- 550 - pdf (None) at Google Books.
- 481 - mobi (CC BY-NC-SA) at Internet Archive.
- 455 - pdf (CC BY-NC-SA) at Internet Archive.
- 580 - epub (CC BY-NC-SA) at Internet Archive.
- 494 - pdf (CC BY-NC-SA) at Google Books.
- Canadian fiction (English), CIHM
- Florida -- Fiction
- Immortalism -- Fiction
- Science Fiction
- Social conditions
- Walt Disney World (Fla.) -- Fiction
Copy/paste this into your site: