35 Ungluers have Faved this Work
Login to Fave
Astronomy is designed to meet the scope and sequence requirements of one- or two-semester introductory astronomy courses. The book begins with relevant scientific fundamentals and progresses through an exploration of the solar system, stars, galaxies and cosmology. The Astronomy textbook builds student understanding through the use of relevant analogies, clear and non-technical explanations, and rich illustrations. Mathematics is included in a flexible manner to meet the needs of individual instructors.
- 1 Science and the Universe: A Brief Tour
- 2 Observing the Sky: The Birth of Astronomy
- 3 Orbits and Gravity
- 4 Earth, Moon, and Sky
- 5 Radiation and Spectra
- 6 Astronomical Instruments
- 7 Other Worlds: An Introduction to the Solar System
- 8 Earth as a Planet
- 9 Cratered Worlds
- 10 Earthlike Planets: Venus and Mars
- 11 The Giant Planets
- 12 Rings, Moons, and Pluto
- 13 Comets and Asteroids: Debris of the Solar System
- 14 Cosmic Samples and the Origin of the Solar System
- 15 The Sun: A Garden-Variety Star
- 16 The Sun: A Nuclear Powerhouse
- 17 Analyzing Starlight
- 18 The Stars: A Celestial Census
- 19 Celestial Distances
- 20 Between the Stars: Gas and Dust in Space
- 21 The Birth of Stars and the Discovery of Planets outside the Solar System
- 22 Stars from Adolescence to Old Age
- 23 The Death of Stars
- 24 Black Holes and Curved Spacetime
- 25 The Milky Way Galaxy
- 26 Galaxies
- 27 Active Galaxies, Quasars, and Supermassive Black Holes
- 28 The Evolution and Distribution of Galaxies
- 29 The Big Bang
- 30 Life in the Univers
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
This work has been downloaded 4590 times via unglue.it ebook links.
- 4590 - pdf (CC BY) at Unglue.it.
- Science / Astronomy
Copy/paste this into your site:
This is such a great book. Insane plot and a lot of knowledge.