Beyond good and evil
12 Ungluers have Faved this Work
Login to Fave
1. The Will to Truth, which is to tempt us to many a hazardous enterprise, the famous Truthfulness of which all philosophers have hitherto spoken with respect, what questions has this Will to Truth not laid before us! What strange, perplexing, questionable questions! It is already a long story; yet it seems as if it were hardly commenced. Is it any wonder if we at last grow distrustful, lose patience, and turn impatiently away? That this Sphinx teaches us at last to ask questions ourselves? WHO is it really that puts questions to us here? WHAT really is this "Will to Truth" in us? In fact we made a long halt at the question as to the origin of this Will - until at last we came to an absolute standstill before a yet more fundamental question. We inquired aboutthe VALUE of this Will. Granted that we want the truth: WHY NOT RATHER untruth? And uncertainty? Even ignorance? The problem of the value of truth presented itself before us - or was it we who presented ourselves before the problem? Which of us is the Oedipus here? Which the Sphinx? It would seem to be a rendezvous of questions and notes of interrogation. And could it be believed that it at last seems to us as if the problem had never been propounded before, as if we were the first to discern it, get a sight of it, and RISK RAISING it? For there is risk in raising it, perhaps there is no greater risk.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
This work has been downloaded 1674 times via unglue.it ebook links.
- 123 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 159 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 177 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 138 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 140 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 151 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 187 - pdf (PD-US) at Github.
- 167 - epub (PD-US) at Github.
- 156 - mobi (PD-US) at Github.
- 276 - epub (PD-US) at Project Gutenberg.
- Accessible book
- German Philosophy
- Good and evil
- Good and evil.
- In library
- Philosophy, German
- Protected DAISY
- Social conditions
- Translations into English
Copy/paste this into your site: