The Clue of the Gold Coin
SWIRLS OF HEAVY SNOWFLAKES, DRIVEN BY A BRISK wind that whistled across the vast expanse of concrete runways that is New York City’s Idlewild Airport, dashed against the big picture window in the Personnel Lounge and spiraled back into the murky whiteness of the winter morning. Inside the comfortable room, four girls, all dressed in the trim, blue uniform of Federal Airlines stewardesses, sat in soft leather armchairs.
“Of all the luck!” One of the girls, a tall brunette, grinned as she shook her head in mock despair. “Here it is, the middle of the worst winter we’ve had in years, and what do I draw as my new assignment? New York to Chicago! The two coldest towns in the world! And you two, you lucky kids, get the Florida run!”
Vicki Barr tucked a strand of her ash blond hair in place, and her laugh tinkled like Chinese chimes stirred by a gentle breeze.
This book is included in Project Gutenberg.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
- 44 - mobi (0.1) (PD-US) at Github.
- 52 - pdf (0.1) (PD-US) at Github.
- 67 - epub (0.1) (PD-US) at Github.
- Barr, Vicki (Fictitious character) -- Juvenile fiction
- Flight attendants -- Juvenile fiction
- Mystery and detective stories
- Swindlers and swindling -- Juvenile fiction
- Tampa (Fla.) -- Description and travel -- Juvenile fiction
- Women detectives -- Juvenile fiction