News from Nowhere
News from Nowhere (1890) is a classic work combining utopian socialism and soft science fiction written by the artist, designer and socialist pioneer William Morris. It was first published in serial form in the Commonweal journal beginning on 11 January 1890. In the novel, the narrator, William Guest, falls asleep after returning from a meeting of the Socialist League and awakes to find himself in a future society based on common ownership and democratic control of the means of production. In this society there is no private property, no big cities, no authority, no monetary system, no divorce, no courts, no prisons, and no class systems. This agrarian society functions simply because the people find pleasure in nature, and therefore they find pleasure in their work.
"News from Nowhere" is a translation of this work.
NOTICIAS DE LUGAR NENHUM is a translation of this work.
Kunde von Nirgendwo is a translation of this work.
Nytt från en ny värld eller En epok av vila is a translation of this work.
Noticias de ninguna parte is a translation of this work.
This book is included in Project Gutenberg.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
- 42 - epub (2.1) (PD-US) at Github.
- 39 - mobi (2.1) (PD-US) at Github.
- 48 - pdf (2.1) (PD-US) at Github.
- 43 - epub (None) at Google Books.
- 42 - pdf (None) at Google Books.
- 23 - epub (None) at Google Books.
- 27 - pdf (None) at Google Books.
- 56 - mobi (2.1) (PD-US) at Github.
- 46 - pdf (2.1) (PD-US) at Github.
- 53 - epub (2.1) (PD-US) at Github.
- Fiction / Science Fiction
- Science Fiction
- Utopias -- Fiction