2 Ungluers have Faved this Work
Login to Fave
Ivanhoe (1819) by Sir Walter Scott is the quintessential novel of romantic medieval chivalry, beloved by generations of readers. Sir Wilfred of Ivanhoe, disinherited by his father, returns home to England from the Crusades, and lively adventure ensues -- a jousting tournament, villainous Norman knights and passionate Templars, proud Saxon prisoners including Ivanhoe's own father and the lovely Lady Rowena, a castle siege, Robin Hood and his merry men, carousing friars, a clever and loyal jester and swineherd, a mysterious Black Knight who is more than he seems, the conniving Prince John, the return of King Richard the Lionheart, a trial and triumph of justice, an old noble Jew and his beautiful and courageous daughter Rebecca. And yet, among the vibrant pageantry and chivalry is a story of dark prejudice, religious conflict, sacrifice, and love that uplifts the novel to a more sophisticated level, and the fate of the unforgettable Rebecca takes center stage.
This book is included in Project Gutenberg.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
This work has been downloaded 388 times via unglue.it ebook links.
- 14 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 14 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 13 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 31 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 26 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 45 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 36 - mobi (PD-US) at Github.
- 52 - pdf (PD-US) at Github.
- 40 - epub (PD-US) at Github.
- 117 - epub (PD-US) at Project Gutenberg.
- Accessible book
- Anglo-Saxons -- Fiction
- Children's literature, English
- Classic Literature
- English literature
- French literature
- German language
- Great Britain -- History -- Richard I, 1189-1199 -- Fiction
- Historical fiction
- In library
- Ivanhoe, Wilfred of, Sir (Fictitious character) -- Fiction
- Jews -- England -- Fiction
- Juvenile Fiction
- Knights and knighthood
- Knights and knighthood -- Fiction
- Love stories
- Medieval Civilization
- Normans -- Great Britain -- Fiction
- Protected DAISY
- Sir Ivanhoe, Wilfred of (Fictitious character)
- Translations from English
- Translations into French
- Triangles (Interpersonal relations)
- Triangles (Interpersonal relations) -- Fiction
Copy/paste this into your site: