The autobiography of Benjamin Franklin
3 Ungluers have Faved this Work
Login to Fave
Benjamin Franklin's writings represent a long career of literary, scientific, and political efforts over a lifetime which extended nearly the entire eighteenth century. Franklin's achievements range from inventing the lightning rod to publishing Poor Richard's Almanack to signing the Declaration of Independence. In his own lifetime he knew prominence not only in America but in Britain and France as well. This volume includes Franklin's reflections on such diverse questions as philosophy and religion, social status, electricity, American national characteristics, war, and the status of women. Nearly sixty years separate the earliest writings from the latest, an interval during which Franklin was continually balancing between the puritan values of his upbringing and the modern American world to which his career served as prologue. This edition provides a new text of the Autobiography, established with close reference to Franklin's original manuscript. It also includes a new transcription of the 1726 journal, and several pieces which have recently been identified as Franklin's own work.
This book is included in Project Gutenberg.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
This work has been downloaded 1993 times via unglue.it ebook links.
- 104 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 104 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 159 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 96 - pdf (0.1) (PD-US) at Github.
- 95 - epub (0.1) (PD-US) at Github.
- 84 - mobi (0.1) (PD-US) at Github.
- 110 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 137 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 95 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 175 - pdf (PD-US) at Github.
- 124 - epub (PD-US) at Github.
- 139 - mobi (PD-US) at Github.
- 159 - epub (PD-US) at Project Gutenberg.
- 172 - epub (PD-US) at Project Gutenberg.
- 240 - epub (PD-US) at Project Gutenberg.
- Accessible book
- American Maxims
- Childhood and youth
- Children's literature, English
- Franklin, Benjamin, 1706-1790
- In library
- Open Library Staff Picks
- Politics and government
- Protected DAISY
- Social conditions
- Statesmen -- United States -- Biography
Copy/paste this into your site: