5 Ungluers have Faved this Work
Login to Fave
The Awakening is a novel by Kate Chopin, first published in 1899. Set in New Orleans and on the Louisiana Gulf coast at the end of the 19th century, the plot centers on Edna Pontellier and her struggle between her increasingly unorthodox views on femininity and motherhood with the prevailing social attitudes of the turn-of-the-century American South. It is one of the earliest American novels that focuses on women's issues without condescension. It is also widely seen as a landmark work of early feminism, generating a mixed reaction from contemporary readers and critics. ---------- Also contained in: - [American Women Writers](https://openlibrary.org/works/OL14943618W/American_Women_Writers) - [The Awakening & Other Stories] - [The Awakening and Other Stories](https://openlibrary.org/works/OL65436W) - [The Awakening and Other Writings](https://openlibrary.org/works/OL17571655W) - [The Awakening and Selected Short Fiction] - [The Awakening and Selected Short Stories] - [The Awakening and Selected Stories] - [The Awakening and Selected Stories] - [The Awakening and Selected Stories](https://openlibrary.org/works/OL65435W) - [Awakening and Selected Stories](https://openlibrary.org/works/OL26125409W) - [The Awakening and Selected Stories of Kate Chopin] - [The Awakening and Selected Stories of Kate Chopin](https://openlibrary.org/works/OL65434W) - [The Storm and Other Stories] - [Three Classics by American Women] - [Complete Works of Kate Chopin](https://openlibrary.org/works/OL65439W) : https://openlibrary.org/works/OL16551541W/The_Awakening_Other_Stories : https://openlibrary.org/works/OL18151347W/The_Awakening_and_Selected_Short_Fiction : https://openlibrary.org/works/OL65438W/The_Awakening_and_Selected_Short_Stories : https://openlibrary.org/works/OL18165397W/The_Awakening_and_Selected_Stories : https://openlibrary.org/works/OL16589427W/The_Awakening_and_Selected_Stories : https://openlibrary.org/works/OL65429W/The_Awakening_and_Selected_Stories_of_Kate_Chopin : https://openlibrary.org/works/OL65432W/The_Storm_And_Other_Stories : https://openlibrary.org/works/OL15514881W/Three_Classics_by_American_Women_(The_Awakening_Ethan_Frome_O_Pioneers!
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
This work has been downloaded 4163 times via unglue.it ebook links.
- 687 - pdf (0.2) (CC BY-NC) at Github.
- 254 - epub (0.2) (CC BY-NC) at Github.
- 246 - mobi (0.2) (CC BY-NC) at Github.
- 171 - mobi (0.2) (CC BY-NC) at Github.
- 171 - pdf (0.2) (CC BY-NC) at Github.
- 175 - epub (0.2) (CC BY-NC) at Github.
- 208 - mobi (CC BY-NC) at Github.
- 276 - pdf (CC BY-NC) at Github.
- 246 - epub (CC BY-NC) at Github.
- 159 - pdf (CC BY-NC) at Github.
- 107 - epub (CC BY-NC) at Github.
- 184 - mobi (CC BY-NC) at Github.
- 182 - epub (CC BY-NC) at Github.
- 200 - mobi (CC BY-NC) at Github.
- 190 - pdf (CC BY-NC) at Github.
- 168 - epub (CC BY-NC) at Github.
- 539 - epub (PD-US) at Project Gutenberg.
- Accessible book
- Adultery -- Fiction
- Adultery in fiction
- American fiction (fictional works by one author)
- American literature
- Awakening (Chopin, Kate)
- Children's fiction
- Chopin, kate, 1851-1904
- Classic Literature
- Criticism and interpretation
- Feminist fiction
- Feminist literature
- Fiction, general
- Fiction, psychological
- Fictional Work
- In library
- Interpersonal attraction
- Interpersonal relations
- Juvenile Fiction
- Large type books
- Literary Anthologies
- Literary Criticism
- literary fiction
- Louisiana -- Social life and customs -- Fiction
- Louisiana Creoles
- Louisiana, fiction
- Man-woman relationships
- Man-woman relationships, fiction
- Manners and customs
- Marriage, fiction
- Married people, fiction
- Married women
- Married women in fiction
- Modern Literature
- New Orleans (La.) -- Fiction
- New orleans (la.), fiction
- Protected DAISY
- Psychological fiction
- Romance Fiction
- Self-actualization (Psychology)
- Self-actualization (Psychology) -- Fiction
- Self-actualization (Psychology) in women
- Short stories
- Social conditions
- Social life and customs
- Study guides
- The awakening (Chopin)
- Women -- Louisiana -- New Orleans -- Social conditions -- Fiction
- Women in fiction
Copy/paste this into your site: