The Aspern papers, and other stories
0 Ungluers have Faved this Work
Login to Fave
All Groups / Melodrama Charaters: 2 male, 4 female Scenery: Interior From the story by Henry James In a once grand Venetian palazzo an old woman and her niece live in seclusion. An American publisher asks to leases some rooms, his purpose to unearth the mystery of a brilliant author who once loved the aunt. The old woman curtly rejects all inquiries. When she finds him going through the some papers he's discovered, she has a stroke and dies. The lonely niece pathetically proposes to him, but he rejects her when she says she's burned the papers. She locks herself up in the palazzo and then destroys the papers. "Bewitching, tantalizing, exciting.... A work of uncommon suspense and exceptional literary merit." - N.Y. Daily News.
This book is included in Project Gutenberg.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
This work has been downloaded 963 times via unglue.it ebook links.
- 61 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 73 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 82 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 78 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 57 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 79 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 98 - mobi (PD-US) at Github.
- 102 - pdf (PD-US) at Github.
- 103 - epub (PD-US) at Github.
- 230 - epub (PD-US) at Project Gutenberg.
- Accessible book
- American Psychological fiction
- Classic Literature
- Collectors and collecting
- In library
- Man-woman relationships
- Man-woman relationships -- Fiction
- Manuscripts -- Collectors and collecting -- Fiction
- Poets -- Fiction
- Protected DAISY
- Psychological fiction
- Venice (Italy) -- Fiction
Copy/paste this into your site: