Jerome Klapka Jerome (1859-1927) was an English author, best known for the humorous travelogue Three Men in a Boat. Three Men in a Boat begins: THERE were four of us -- George, and William Samuel Harris, and myself, and Montmorency. We were sitting in my room, smoking, and talking about how bad we were -- bad from a medical point of view I mean, of course. We were all feeling seedy, and we were getting quite nervous about it. Harris said he felt such extraordinary fits of giddiness come over him at times, that he hardly knew what he was doing; and then George said that HE had fits of giddiness too, and hardly knew what HE was doing. With me, it was my liver that was out of order. I knew it was my liver that was out of order, because I had just been reading a patent liver-pill circular, in which were detailed the various symptoms by which a man could tell when his liver was out of order. I had them all. It is a most extraordinary thing, but I never read a patent medicine advertisement without being impelled to the conclusion that I am suffering from the particular disease therein dealt with in its most virulent form. The diagnosis seems in every case to correspond exactly with all the sensations that I have ever felt.
This book is included in Project Gutenberg.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
This work has been downloaded 543 times via unglue.it ebook links.
- 29 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 30 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 27 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 43 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 33 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 28 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 57 - mobi (PD-US) at Github.
- 58 - pdf (PD-US) at Github.
- 52 - epub (PD-US) at Github.
- 83 - epub (PD-US) at Project Gutenberg.
- 103 - epub (PD-US) at Project Gutenberg.
- Accessible book
- Boats and boating
- Boats and boating -- England -- Thames River -- Fiction
- Classic Literature
- Description and travel
- Dogs -- Fiction
- English Humorous stories
- Humor (Fiction)
- Humorous stories
- Humorous stories, English
- Male friendship
- Male friendship -- Fiction
- Thames River (England) -- Fiction
- Young men -- Travel -- England -- Thames River -- Fiction
Copy/paste this into your site: