An outcast of the islands
0 Ungluers have Faved this Work
Login to Fave
The only annotated edition available, An Outcast of the Islands (1896), Conrad's second novel, is a tale of intrigue in an eastern setting. Peter Willems, a clerk in Macassar, granted a "second chance" at a remote river trading post, falls ever more hopelessly into traps set by himself and others. A parable of human frailty, with love and death the major players, this is a story of a man unable to understand others and fated never to possess his own soul. About the Series: For over 100 yearsOxford World's Classicshas made available the broadest spectrum of literature from around the globe. Each affordable volume reflects Oxford's commitment to scholarship, providing the most accurate text plus a wealth of other valuable features, including expert introductions by leading authorities, voluminous notes to clarify the text, up-to-date bibliographies for further study, and much more.
This book is included in Project Gutenberg.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
This work has been downloaded 270 times via unglue.it ebook links.
- 9 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 12 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 12 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 22 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 20 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 29 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 29 - pdf (PD-US) at Github.
- 25 - mobi (PD-US) at Github.
- 33 - epub (PD-US) at Github.
- 79 - epub (PD-US) at Project Gutenberg.
- Accessible book
- Betrayal -- Fiction
- Betrayal in fiction
- Classic Literature
- Clerks -- Fiction
- Clerks in fiction
- East Indies in fiction
- Europeans -- Southeast Asia -- Fiction
- Europeans in fiction
- Large type books
- Lingard, Tom (Fictitious character) -- Fiction
- Malaysia in fiction
- Psychological fiction
- Russia in fiction
- Seafaring life
- Short stories
- Southeast Asia -- Fiction
- Southeast Asia in fiction
- Titanic (Steamship)
- Tom Lingard (Fictitious character)
- Trading companies
- Trading companies -- Fiction
- Trading companies in fiction
Copy/paste this into your site: