Leaves of grass
11 Ungluers have Faved this Work
Login to Fave
“Of Life immense in passion, pulse, and power, Cheerful, for freest action form'd under the laws divine, The Modern Man I sing.” -- from Leaves of Grass The newest in our series of bold-faced thoughts on classic works! This pocket-size, volume offers an innovative take on a beloved American masterpiece: the first (1855) edition of Leaves of Grass, which consisted of an introduction by Whitman and merely twelve untitled poems. Though it has now passed its 155th anniversary, Walt Whitman’s powerful poetry continues to inspire with its rich language, all-embracing populism, and boundless spirit. Whitman took it upon himself to establish a bold, sensual, new literary tradition that was distinctly American—and consciously set out to be at once the quintessential American poet and the voice of the common man. Leaves of Grass remains an enduring touchstone for writers everywhere, and for anyone who wants to get in touch with his or her own creative spirit. In addition to the text, this compact volume features highlighted passages, an introduction that relates the poems to today's perspective, and reflective writing exercises (with lined pages to write on).
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
This work has been downloaded 1204 times via unglue.it ebook links.
- 88 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 112 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 98 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 108 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 116 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 93 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 117 - mobi (PD-US) at Github.
- 131 - pdf (PD-US) at Github.
- 137 - epub (PD-US) at Github.
- 204 - epub (PD-US) at Project Gutenberg.
- Accessible book
- American poetry
- American poetry -- 19th century
- American Poets
- Classic Literature
- English poetry
- Gay poets
- In library
- Internet Archive Wishlist
- Lending library
- Protected DAISY
- Translations into Chinese
- United States Civil War, 1861-1865
Copy/paste this into your site: