The Princess and the Goblin
6 Ungluers have Faved this Work
Login to Fave
George MacDonald (1824-1905) was a Scottish author, poet, and Christian minister. Though no longer a household name, his works (particularly his fairy tales and fantasy novels) have inspired deep admiration in such notables as W. H. Auden, J. R. R. Tolkien, and Madeleine L'Engle. C. S. Lewis wrote that he regarded MacDonald as his "master." Even Mark Twain, who initially despised MacDonald, became friends with him. MacDonald grew up influenced by his Congregational Church, with an atmosphere of Calvinism. But MacDonald never felt comfortable with some aspects of Calvinist doctrine. Later novels, such as Robert Falconer (1868) and Lilith (1895), show a distaste for the Calvinist idea that God's electing love is limited to some and denied to others. Especially in his Unspoken Sermons (1867-89) he shows a highly developed theology. His best-known works are Phantastes (1858), At the Back of the North Wind (1871) and The Princess and the Goblin (1872), all fantasy novels, and fairy tales such as - The Light Princess (1867), The Golden Key (1867), and The Wise Woman (1875).
This book is included in Project Gutenberg.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
This work has been downloaded 852 times via unglue.it ebook links.
- 40 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 59 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 67 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 40 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 39 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 38 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 64 - mobi (PD-US) at Github.
- 70 - pdf (PD-US) at Github.
- 63 - epub (PD-US) at Github.
- 59 - pdf (PD-US) at Github.
- 48 - epub (PD-US) at Github.
- 57 - mobi (PD-US) at Github.
- 100 - epub (PD-US) at Project Gutenberg.
- 108 - epub (PD-US) at Project Gutenberg.
- Children's literature, English
- Children's stories
- Fairy tales
- Goblins -- Juvenile fiction
- Juvenile Fiction
- Princesses -- Juvenile fiction
Copy/paste this into your site: