The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes
2 Ungluers have Faved this Work
Login to Fave
This second set of adventure tales featuring the world's first consulting detective gathers in one volume eleven stories originally published individually in London's Strand Magazine and first reprinted in book form in 1894. Notable for an instance in which Holmes's deductions turn out to be wrong, the first appearance of the detective's brother Mycroft, and Watson's report of Holmes's death at the hands of Professor Moriarty, the stories here include: . "Silver Blaze" . "The Yellow Face" . "The Stock-broker's Clerk" . "The 'Gloria Scott'" . "The Musgrave Ritual" . "The Reigate Puzzle" . "The Crooked Man" . "The Resident Patient" . "The Greek Interpreter" . "The Naval Treaty" . "The Final Problem: Scottish surgeon and political activist SIR ARTHUR CONAN DOYLE (1859-1930) turned his passions into stories and novels, producing fiction and nonfiction works sometimes controversial (The Great Boer War, 1900), sometimes fanciful (The Coming of the Fairies, 1922), and sometimes legendary (The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, 1892).
This book is included in Project Gutenberg.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
This work has been downloaded 173 times via unglue.it ebook links.
- 16 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 15 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 10 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 28 - pdf (PD-US) at Github.
- 25 - epub (PD-US) at Github.
- 18 - mobi (PD-US) at Github.
- 61 - epub (PD-US) at Project Gutenberg.
- 20th century
- Accessible book
- Children's literature, English
- Chinese Detective and mystery stories
- Classic Literature
- Detective and mystery stories, English
- English Detective and mystery stories
- English Short stories
- Holmes, Sherlock (Fictitious character) -- Fiction
- In library
- John H. Watson (Fictitious character)
- Large type books
- Private investigators
- Private investigators -- England -- Fiction
- Private investigators in fiction
- Protected DAISY
- Sherlock Holmes (Fictitious character)
Copy/paste this into your site: