6 Ungluers have Faved this Work
Login to Fave
This 1961 edition of Plato's Meno was originally edited by R. S. Bluck, Senior Lecturer in Greek at the University of Manchester. Its value lies in the incredibly extensive preliminary chapters provided by Bluck, designed to truly enhance the reader's engagement with this ancient text. In almost 150 pages of introductory chapters, Bluck reviews the argument of the Meno, its relation to wider philosophical and dialogues (written both before and after Plato), and summarises Plato's use of the hypothetical method in the Meno, the Phaedo and the Republic. He also provides a detailed synopsis of Plato's Meno before presenting the full Greek text, accompanied by a wide-ranging and incredibly accessible commentary. Finally, Bluck presents the reader with indices in both English and Greek, ensuring that this volume remains an endlessly rewarding reference and research work.
This book is included in Project Gutenberg.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
This work has been downloaded 878 times via unglue.it ebook links.
- 71 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 61 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 61 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 69 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 69 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 70 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 102 - mobi (PD-US) at Github.
- 108 - pdf (PD-US) at Github.
- 91 - epub (PD-US) at Github.
- 176 - epub (PD-US) at Project Gutenberg.
- Accessible book
- Ancient Philosophy
- Classic Literature
- Classical literature
- Early works to 1800
- Ethics -- Early works to 1800
- Idea (Philosophy)
- In library
- Protected DAISY
- Socrates, 470 BC-399 BC
- Virtue -- Early works to 1800
Copy/paste this into your site: