Le Cousin Pons
0 Ungluers have Faved this Work
Login to Fave
Le Cousin Pons (French pronunciation: [lə kuzɛ̃ pɔ̃s]) is one of the last of the 94 works of Honoré de Balzac’s Comédie humaine, which are in both novel and short story form. Begun in 1846 as a novella, or long-short story, it was envisaged as one part of a diptych, Les Parents pauvres (The Poor Relations), the other part of which was La Cousine Bette (Cousin Bette). The book was originally published as a serial in Le Constitutionnel. The novella grew in 1847 into a full-length novel with a male poor relation, Pons, as its subject, whereas La Cousine Bette describes the female aspect of that subordinate relationship. The two novels were thus similar yet diametrically different. They were complementary, forming two parts of a whole. Le Cousin Pons has been classified by Balzac as the second Episode of Les Parents pauvres, the first Episode being La Cousine Bette. Especially admired by Paul Bourget, it is one of the very greatest of his novels. From Wikipedia (CC BY-SA).
This book is included in Project Gutenberg.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
This work has been downloaded 289 times via unglue.it ebook links.
- 15 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 16 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 15 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 23 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 14 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 16 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 37 - mobi (PD-US) at Github.
- 47 - pdf (PD-US) at Github.
- 40 - epub (PD-US) at Github.
- 66 - epub (PD-US) at Project Gutenberg.
- Fiction in Spanish
- France -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Fiction
- French fiction -- Translations into English
- Social life and customs
Copy/paste this into your site: