The Railway Children
0 Ungluers have Faved this Work
Login to Fave
Nearly a hundred years after its original publication, "The Railway Children" is still one of E. Nesbit's most beloved and delightful stories. Roberta, Peter, and Phyllis were very happy living in a comfortable house surrounded by a cook and servants and two loving parents, until one evening when there was a knock at the door and their father was mysteriously taken away by two men. Suddenly alone, their mother moves the family to a small cottage in the countryside. There, the children begin a series of exciting adventures, from saving a train filled with passengers from a landslide, to rescuing a baby from a fire, to aiding a penniless Russian exile, to eventually unraveling the mystery of their father's disappearance. Featuring a new jacket illustration by Caldecott medalist Paul O. Zelinsky, as well as all nineteen of the original black-and-white line drawings by C. E. Brock, this classic story is perfect for home and classroom libraries.
This book is included in Project Gutenberg.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
This work has been downloaded 338 times via unglue.it ebook links.
- 13 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 16 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 20 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 27 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 28 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 29 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 42 - pdf (PD-US) at Github.
- 36 - epub (PD-US) at Github.
- 38 - mobi (PD-US) at Github.
- 89 - epub (PD-US) at Project Gutenberg.
- Brothers and sisters
- Brothers and sisters -- Fiction
- Children's literature, English
- Children's stories
- Classic Literature
- Country life
- Country life -- England -- Fiction
- England -- Fiction
- Family life
- Family life -- Fiction
- Fiction in English
- Juvenile Fiction
- Juvenile literature
- Railroads -- Fiction
Copy/paste this into your site: