James Fenimore Cooper (1789-1851) was a prolific and popular American writer of the early 19th century. He is particularly remembered as a novelist, who wrote numerous sea-stories as well as the historical romances known as the Leatherstocking Tales, featuring frontiersman Natty Bumppo. Among his most famous works is the Romantic novel The Last of the Mohicans, which many people consider his masterpiece. Other works include Precaution (1820), The Spy (1821), The Pioneers (1823), The Red Rover (1828), The Wept of Wish-ton-Wish (1829), The Notions of a Traveling Bachelor (1828), The Waterwitch (1830), The Bravo (1831), The Monikins (1835), The American Democrat (1835), Homeward Bound (1839), Home as Found (1838), A History of the Navy of the United States (1839), The Pathfinder (1840), Mercedes of Castile (1840), The Deerslayer (1841), Ned Myers (1843) and The Ways of the Hour (1850).
This book is included in Project Gutenberg.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
This work has been downloaded 383 times via unglue.it ebook links.
- 20 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 19 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 18 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 27 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 41 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 34 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 40 - mobi (PD-US) at Github.
- 54 - pdf (PD-US) at Github.
- 37 - epub (PD-US) at Github.
- 93 - epub (PD-US) at Project Gutenberg.
- Accessible book
- Bumppo, Natty (Fictitious character) -- Fiction
- Children's literature, English
- Classic Literature
- Frontier and pioneer life
- Historical fiction
- In library
- Indians of North America
- Natty Bumppo (Fictitious character)
- Protected DAISY
- United States -- History -- French and Indian War, 1754-1763 -- Fiction
- United States French and Indian War, 1755-1763
- War stories
Copy/paste this into your site: