A Comedy of Errors is Shakespeare's shortest play yet one of his most popular comedies. Here is a new modern-spelling edition, based on the 1623 Folio text with on-page commentary and notes that explain meaning, staging, language and allusions. A detailed and informative introduction describes the play's first performance at Gray's Inn in December 1594, its multiple sources and its uneven critical and theatrical history. Appendices include the complete text of the play's main source, Plautus' Menaechmi, and extracts from Gesta Grayorum and the Geneva Bible. Illustrated with production photographs and related art, this edition vividly brings to life Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors. "Not simply a better text but a new conception of Shakespeare. This is a major achievement of twentieth-century scholarship."--Times Literary Supplement About the Series: For over 100 years Oxford World's Classics has made available the broadest spectrum of literature from around the globe. Each affordable volume reflects Oxford's commitment to scholarship, providing the most accurate text plus a wealth of other valuable features, including expert introductions by leading authorities, voluminous notes to clarify the text, up-to-date bibliographies for further study, and much more.
This book is included in Project Gutenberg.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
This work has been downloaded 683 times via unglue.it ebook links.
- 45 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 40 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 60 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 56 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 55 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 69 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 81 - mobi (PD-US) at Github.
- 102 - pdf (PD-US) at Github.
- 80 - epub (PD-US) at Github.
- 95 - epub (PD-US) at Project Gutenberg.
- Accessible book
- Brothers -- Drama
- Criticism and interpretation
- English drama (Comedy)
- English literature
- English Young adult drama
- Greece -- Drama
- History and criticism
- In library
- Juvenile drama
- Mistaken identity
- Mistaken identity -- Drama
- Problems, exercises
- Protected DAISY
- Shipwreck survival
- Shipwreck victims
- Shipwreck victims -- Drama
- Survival after airplane accidents, shipwrecks
- Twins -- Drama
Copy/paste this into your site: