Where angels fear to tread
1 Ungluer has Faved this Work
Login to Fave
True and Complete Edition: A wonderful story of questioning, disillusionment, and conversion. It tells the story of a prim English family's encounter with the foreign land of Italy. When attractive, impulsive English widow Lilia marries Gino, a dashing and highly unsuitable Italian 12 years her junior, her snobbish former in-laws make no attempt to hide their disapproval. But their expedition to face the uncouth foreigner takes an unexpected turn when they return to Italy under tragic circumstances intending to rescue Lilia and Gino's baby. Forster displays his finely honed talent for using the tragi-comic incident to comment on human existence. Where Angels Fear To Tread is much more than a comedy of manners - it demonstrates how a clash of cultural sensibilities can quickly turn from comedy to tragedy. This is a classic to come and read again and again. A superb book that you will remember long after you read it. Making your own discovery of Angels is part of the attraction.
This book is included in Project Gutenberg.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
This work has been downloaded 268 times via unglue.it ebook links.
- 22 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 17 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 12 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 15 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 15 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 20 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 28 - mobi (PD-US) at Github.
- 37 - pdf (PD-US) at Github.
- 27 - epub (PD-US) at Github.
- 75 - epub (PD-US) at Project Gutenberg.
- 20th century
- Classic Literature
- Culture conflict
- Culture conflict -- Fiction
- Historical fiction
- Humorous stories
- Middle class
- Middle class -- England -- Fiction
- Protected DAISY
Copy/paste this into your site: