The Jewel of Seven Stars
1 Ungluer has Faved this Work
Login to Fave
A mysterious attack on Margaret Trelawny's father brings young lawyer Malcolm Ross into the eminent Egyptologist's home; amid mummies and Oriental relics, ancient forces greater than they previously could have imagined are stirring. The Egyptian Queen Tera has been awakened, and is coming to take what she believes to be hers - whatever the cost to the Trelawny family. Set in London, Cornwall and Egypt, and written at a time when a fascination with the East pervaded Edwardian England, The Jewel of Seven Stars reflected the interest both in the Orient's perceived savagery and moral degradation, and in its exotic beauty and opulence. Kate Hebblethwaite's introduction explores the politics and history behind The Jewel of Seven Stars, and looks at the gender issues within late Victorian and Edwardian stories of the supernatural. This edition also contains a chronology and further reading.
This book is included in Project Gutenberg.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
This work has been downloaded 434 times via unglue.it ebook links.
- 38 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 22 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 35 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 25 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 40 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 35 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 56 - pdf (PD-US) at Github.
- 46 - epub (PD-US) at Github.
- 40 - mobi (PD-US) at Github.
- 97 - epub (PD-US) at Project Gutenberg.
- Archaeologists -- Fiction
- Classic Literature
- Horror tales
- Mummies -- Fiction
Copy/paste this into your site: