Love Among the Chickens
0 Ungluers have Faved this Work
Login to Fave
- It sounds so weak-minded. But in the case of Love Among the Chickens it is unavoidable. It was not so much that you sympathised and encouraged - where you really came out strong was that you gave me the stuff. I like people who sympathise with me. I am grateful to those who encourage me. But the man to whom I raise the Wodehouse hat - owing to the increased cost of living, the same old brown one I had last year - it is being complained of on all sides, but the public must bear it like men till the straw hat season comes round - I say, the man to whom I raise this venerable relic is the man who gives me the material. Sixteen years ago, my William, when we were young and spritely lads; when you were a tricky centre-forward and I a fast bowler; when your head was covered with hair and my list of "Hobbies" in Who's Who included Boxing; I received from you one morning about thirty closely-written foolscap pages, giving me the details of your friend ---'s adventures on his Devonshire chicken farm. Round these I wove as funny a plot as I could, but the book stands or falls by the stuff you gave me about "Ukridge" - the things that actually happened.
This book is included in Project Gutenberg.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
This work has been downloaded 338 times via unglue.it ebook links.
- 22 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 13 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 13 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 26 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 18 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 24 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 47 - mobi (PD-US) at Github.
- 53 - pdf (PD-US) at Github.
- 41 - epub (PD-US) at Github.
- 81 - epub (PD-US) at Project Gutenberg.
- Accessible book
- Chicken breeders
- Chicken breeders -- Fiction
- Classic Literature
- England -- Fiction
- Farm life
- Farm life -- Fiction
- Humorous stories
- Ukridge, Stanley Featherstonehaugh (Fictitious character) -- Fiction
Copy/paste this into your site: