0 Ungluers have Faved this Work
Login to Fave
In a late eighteenth century setting, between fashionable London and backward Virginia, two twin brothers from the nobility spend their formative period trying to flee a domineering dowager mother in different ways, the older a saturnine, melancholy character, the younger an easy going type. Both, in their own way, succeed; but both reach old age feeling themselves equally swindled. The usual Thackeray touch of good humoured aristocratic melancholy aimed at bourgeois philisteism.
This book is included in Project Gutenberg.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
This work has been downloaded 172 times via unglue.it ebook links.
- 25 - pdf (0.1) (PD-US) at Github.
- 21 - epub (0.1) (PD-US) at Github.
- 26 - mobi (0.1) (PD-US) at Github.
- 100 - epub (PD-US) at Project Gutenberg.
- Americans -- England -- Fiction
- Brothers -- Fiction
- Domestic fiction
- Great Britain -- History -- George II, 1727-1760 -- Fiction
- Historical fiction
- Inheritance and succession
- Inheritance and succession -- Fiction
- Twins -- Fiction
- United States -- History -- French and Indian War, 1754-1763 -- Fiction
- United States French and Indian War, 1755-1763
- Virginia -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Fiction
Copy/paste this into your site: