From finding photographs and illustrating news feeds to displaying your photos on Google® Maps, you'll discover how to develop a wide range of projects using content from both Flickr and other sources. You'll also gain the skills to design a variety of remixes and mashups that take advantage of Flickr's core services. With the help of numerous hands-on examples integrated throughout the pages, you'll understand how things work so you can quickly produce your own innovative applications.
What you will learn from this book:
- How to use feeds to retrieve photo details
- Methods for using the Flickr API to access items such as tags, sets, groups, and interestingness
- How to use Flickr authentication to access private photos and update information
- How to upload photos from your own applications
- Ways to remix the Flickr web site with Firefox® and Greasemonkey
- Different ways to display photos using ImageMagick
- Techniques for building complex systems that use Flickr as a source of information
- Tips for improving software performance and scalability
Who this book is for
Why unglue this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.