6 Ungluers have Faved this Work
Login to Fave
Black Beauty is an 1877 novel by English author Anna Sewell. It was composed in the last years of her life, during which she remained in her house as an invalid. The novel became an immediate best-seller, with Sewell dying just five months after its publication, but having lived long enough to see her only novel become a success. With fifty million copies sold, Black Beauty is one of the best-selling books of all time. While forthrightly teaching animal welfare, it also teaches how to treat people with kindness, sympathy, and respect. In 2003, the novel was listed at number 58 on the BBC's survey The Big Read. From Wikipedia (CC BY-SA).
This book is included in Project Gutenberg.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
This work has been downloaded 1057 times via unglue.it ebook links.
- 114 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 172 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 55 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 97 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 75 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 65 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 73 - mobi (PD-US) at Github.
- 104 - pdf (PD-US) at Github.
- 97 - epub (PD-US) at Github.
- 205 - epub (PD-US) at Project Gutenberg.
- Children's literature, English
- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century -- Juvenile fiction
- Historical fiction
- Horses -- Juvenile fiction
- Rural families in fiction
- Young women
Copy/paste this into your site: