1 Ungluer has Faved this Work
Login to Fave
Kidnapped is a historical fiction adventure novel by Scottish author Robert Louis Stevenson, written as a "boys' novel" and first published in the magazine Young Folks from May to July 1886. The novel has attracted the praise and admiration of writers as diverse as Henry James, Jorge Luis Borges and Hilary Mantel. A sequel, Catriona, was published in 1893. The novel is set around 18th-century Scottish events, notably the "Appin Murder", which occurred near Ballachulish in 1752 in the aftermath of the Jacobite rising of 1745. Many of the characters were real people, including one of the principals, Alan Breck Stewart. The political situation of the time is portrayed from different viewpoints, and the Scottish Highlanders are treated sympathetically. From Wikipedia (CC BY-SA).
This book is included in Project Gutenberg.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
This work has been downloaded 642 times via unglue.it ebook links.
- 51 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 32 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 41 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 58 - epub (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 55 - mobi (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 60 - pdf (0.2) (PD-US) at Github.
- 72 - mobi (PD-US) at Github.
- 88 - pdf (PD-US) at Github.
- 87 - epub (PD-US) at Github.
- 98 - epub (PD-US) at Project Gutenberg.
- Adventure and adventurers -- Fiction
- Historical fiction
- Kidnapping -- Fiction
- Scotland -- History -- 18th century -- Fiction
Copy/paste this into your site: