Written on the Body
0 Ungluers have Faved this Work
Login to Fave
This volume explores the bodies that are subjects and objects of violence; bodies that, by simply being, narrate their traumatic experience. Contributors attune to the dialogic and hybrid relations that connect bodies and environments, and to the horizons of imaginative, future-worldbuilding possibilities that they open through acts of transmission, translation, and transfer. Refracting to something other than the body’s own physicality – to multiple (multidirectional) networks – the chapters in this volume map and weave an ecosystem of interlacing bodies that are human, animal, vegetal, natural and technological; that are both singular and collective (i.e. a social body); that are situated in both the physical and virtual space; that are mythological and ephemeral; and that express naturecultural entanglements.
This book is included in DOAB.
Why read this book? Have your say.
You must be logged in to comment.
Rights InformationAre you the author or publisher of this work? If so, you can claim it as yours by registering as an Unglue.it rights holder.
This work has been downloaded 13 times via unglue.it ebook links.
- 13 - pdf (CC BY-SA) at logos-verlag.de.
- 20th century
- 21st century
- Acting techniques
- British Isles
- Computing & information technology
- East Asia, Far East
- Eastern Europe
- Ethics & moral philosophy
- Fiction & related items
- Film, TV & radio
- Former Soviet Union, USSR (Europe)
- Geographical Qualifiers
- Graphical & digital media applications
- hong kong
- Human and non-human bodies
- Latin America
- Literary studies: fiction, novelists & prose writers
- Literary studies: from c 1900 -
- Literary studies: general
- Literature & literary studies
- Literature: history & criticism
- Middle East
- Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
- Modern period, c 1500 onwards
- Multi-modal criticism
- Myth & legend told as fiction
- North Africa
- North America
- Philosophy: aesthetics
- Social & political philosophy
- South America
- South east asia
- Southeast Europe
- The Americas
- The arts
- Theatre direction & production
- Theatre Studies
- Time periods qualifiers
- United Kingdom, Great Britain
- Yugoslavia & former Yugoslavia
Copy/paste this into your site: