Frequently Asked Questions
- Help! My question isn't covered in the FAQs!
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to make sure everything on the site runs as smoothly as possible. Thanks for helping us do that.
For Rights Holders
- What do I need to do to become an authorized Rights Holder on Unglue.it?
- Contact our Rights Holder Relations team, email@example.com, to discuss signing our Platform Services Agreement (PSA), setting a monetary goal, and running a campaign on Unglue.it to release your book under a Creative Commons license.
The more Unglue.it knows about you and your books, the faster your campaign can be up and running.
For example, it would help to have you tell us the following in your initial query:
About your books:
Title(s) for which you hold the rights and which you might want to unglue. (ISBNs help too!)
How long have print and/or ebook editions of these titles been for sale?
Where are your books sold?
If your title went out of print, how many copies had it sold until then?
About the ebook rights:
Have rights reverted, or have you already requested reversion?
Have you self-published?
About you as an author and marketer:
What social media (blog, Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, etc.) do you currently use?
How have you worked with libraries to promote your books in the past?
Where do you think your key supporters will come from? -- a community of fans you're already in touch with, fans who read your genre, readers who have yet to discover your work, scholars or students, readers who support the open access movement or free culture?
- Do I need to know the exact titles I might want to unglue before I sign the Platform Services Agreement?
- No. You only need to agree to the terms under which you will use Unglue.it to raise money to release an ebook using a Creative Commons license. You can decide which specific titles you wish to make available for licensing later. However, before you start a campaign, you must claim a specific title (through the Rights tab of its book page) and plan how you will attract ungluers to pledge toward your goal.
- Can I run more than one campaign?
- You can run campaigns for as many, or as few, titles at a time as you like. We encourage you to start with one at a time.