- What are Ungluing Campaigns?
- Unglue.it has three programs that support ebook creators: Pledge Campaigns, Buy-to-Unglue Campaigns and Thanks-for-Ungluing Campaigns.
We also support distribution and preservation of free ebooks through our growing catalog of free-licensed ebooks.
- In a Pledge Campaign, book lovers pledge their support for ungluing a book. If enough support is found to reach the goal (and only then), the supporter's credit cards are charged, and an unglued ebook is released.
- In a Buy-to-Unglue Campaign, every ebook copy sold moves the book's ungluing date closer to the present. And you can donate ebooks to your local library- that's something you can't do in the Kindle or Apple Stores!
- In a Thanks-for-Ungluing Campaign, the ebook is already released with a Creative Commons license. Supporters can express their thanks by paying what they wish for the license and the ebook.
- What are premiums?
- Premiums are bonuses people get for supporting a successful Pledge Campaign, to thank them and incentivize them to pledge. If you've ever gotten a tote bag from NPR, you know what we're talking about.
- Are premiums required?
- No, but they're strongly encouraged for Pledge Campaigns. They are not available for Buy-to-Unglue Campaigns.
- Who creates the premiums for each campaign?
- The campaign manager (typically the author or publisher of the book).
- Is there a minimum or maximum for how much a premium can cost?
- There's a $1 minimum and a $2000 maximum.
- Do I get a premium for a donation?
- No, just the good feeling you get for doing your part.